Festivals & Events:
4th of July Celebration
There is something magical about the Fourth of July in Telluride. For over a hundred years, people have come together on Independence Day to celebrate patriotism and the independent spirit of this stunning mountain town. Come join the Town of Telluride in our Fourth of July Celebration! For more information on the 4th of July Parade and how to participate, please click here or contact Susan McKinney at 970.728.9775. Parade information can also be picked up at the Telluride Historical Museum (201 W. Gregory Ave.) or the Visitor Information Center (236 W. Colorado Ave.) If you are unable to be in Telluride during the 4th of July, feel free to be a part of the celebration by watching it live here.
4th of July Schedule of Events:
- 8 a.m. Start the 4th of July out with a BANG and run, hike or crawl from the base of the gondola to the top of lift 7 during the Rundola, an uphill foot race. Register here.
- 11:00 a.m. Annual Fourth of July Parade on Colorado Avenue (Main Street). The parade is wildy popular so we recomend placing your chairs out early in the morning.
- 12- 4 p.m. Fireman's Fourth of July BBQ immediately following the parade at Telluride Town Park. Parade awards presentation at 1:30 p.m. Kids games start at 2 pm
- 9 p.m. ish (when it is dark) Fireworks in Town Park. Grab a blanket and some lawn chairs and get ready for a spetacular fire works display.
In honor of the 4th of July, the Telluride Historical Museum is offering free admission all day and root beer floats at 12:30 p.m. ($5 suggested donation).
Mountain Village is having a 4th of July Celebration as well:
- Kids Activities in Sunset Plaza 1-5 p.m. (carnival games, inflatables, face painting)
- Magic Show at 2:30 p.m. in Sunset Plaza
- Live music in Heritage Plaza: Alan Booradley and members of the Neighborhood Improvement Association 1-1:50 p.m; Claybrook Penn and Tom Nading 2-2:50 p.m; Joint point 3-4:15 p.m; DJ Kat V: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Movie at Reflection Plaza at 8:45 p.m., the Sandlot