Festivals & Events:
4th of July Celebration
There is something magical about the Fourth of July in Telluride. For over a hundred years, people have come together on Independence Day to celebrate patriotism and the independent spirit of this stunning mountain town. Come join the Town of Telluride in our Fourth of July Celebration! For more information on the 4th of July Parade and how to participate, please click here or contact Susan McKinney at 970.728.9775. Parade information can also be picked up at the Telluride Historical Museum (201 W. Gregory Ave.) or the Visitor Information Center (236 W. Colorado Ave.) If you are unable to be in Telluride during the 4th of July, feel free to be a part of the celebration by watching it live here.
4th of July Schedule of Events:
- 11:00am - Annual Fourth of July Parade on Colorado Avenue (Main Street). The parade is wildy popular so we recomend placing your chairs out early in the morning.
- 11am-5pm in Mountain Village, Heritage & Sunset Plaza: Carnival games, face painting, balloon art, magic show, bungee jump and ropes course. All activities are FREE for 4th of July.
- 12 pm Fireman's Fourth of July BBQ immediately following the parade at Telluride Town Park
- 12-1pm in Mountain Village, Heritage Plaza- Porch Couch Live
- 1:30-2:45pm in Mountain Village, Heritage Plaza- Dave Jordan & The NIA
- 3:15-5:15 in Mountain Village, Heritage Plaza - Glen David Andrews Live
- 9 pm in Mountain Village, Heritage Plaza-Electrolier Light Show
In honor of the 4th of July, the Telluride Historical Museum is offering free admission all day and root beer floats at 12:30 p.m. ($5 suggested donation).