According to science, golf balls fly further at elevation. See for yourself on the Telluride Golf Course.Telluride Golf Course
This par 71, 6,739-yard, 18-hole, mountain resort course is surrounded by the highest concentration of 14,000-foot mountains in the United States. Perched 9,300 feet above sea level, the elevation works to your advantage as Telluride's thin air creates less resistance against the golf ball during flight, translating to 15 percent more distance. The course offers meandering fairways that wind through aspen groves and towering pines and beside mountain ponds and sparkling streams.
The Telluride Golf Course was constructed in 1992 and serves as a private club for members, as well as a public course for locals and guests. The Pro Shop and Clubhouse are located at The Peaks Resort in Mountain Village.Key Features:
- Course is typically open from May to mid-October (conditions permitting)
- Luxury golf carts come equipped with state-of-the-art Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Private instruction and clinics are available daily from PGA professionals
- Facilities include full practice range, complete with chipping and putting greens
- Full service pro shop is open daily between 7:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. offering state of the art clubs and shoes for rent.
- Twilight and sunset rates are available
Reservations are highly recommended. Please call the Telluride Golf Club Pro Shop at 970.728.2606 for details.An Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
The Telluride Golf Course has been a certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary since 2002, meeting strict criteria for water conservation, habitat protection, biodiversity conservation, water quality management and reduced chemical use.