Plan your Spring Break to Telluride
Spring feels like it is in the air but Mother Nature tends to play tricks this time of year. While the past two weeks have been warm and sunny, El Nino March storms are on the horizon. The best days of skiing are still ahead of us which means Telluride is the place you want to be for spring break.
- Telluride is a destination resort so the slopes are not crowded and you will spend your time making turns down the runs as opposed to waiting your turn in lift lines.
- With Telluride’s wide variety of terrain, there is something for skiers and riders of all abilities. Kids love Telluride’s beginner terrain park at the top of Ute Park and the more advanced option off Lift 4.
- Mom and Dad can enjoy an evening out while the kids have fun during Kids Night Out. Every Thursday in March, families can also enjoy the Kids Zone at the Telluride Conference Center with a bounce house, giant slides, mechanical bull and play area. Parents can have their own fun at the bar outside the play area.
- The free Gondola, links Telluride to Mountain Village and is a spectacular and fun ride. Many kids say “This is cooler than a ride at Disneyland.”
- If you want to take a break from the slopes, there is a plethora of winter activities. Go sledding in Town Park, ice skate in Town Park or Mountain Village, check out the climbing wall at Gravity Works, or go for a snowshoe.
- There are many opportunities to spend some quality time as a family and bond over unique experiences like a dinner sleigh ride.
- After a day on the slopes, have a pool party. Hotel Madeline, the Peaks Resort and Mountain Lodge offer outdoor pools so the kiddos can channel their inner mermaid.
Soak up the Colorado sunshine and enjoy a spring break like no other. Check out our spring lodging specials.