EVENT OF THE WEEK: Telluride Comedy Festival
We are going to start this post out with a little scientific research. It won't be bad, stay with us...5 Reasons Why Laughing is Good:
1. It decreases stress: Levels of stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine tend to decrease during bouts of laughter. Those stress hormones are bad news, suppressing your immune system.
2. It helps coping skills: Had a bad day? Laughing helps us make better decisions when dealing with stressful situations.
3. It improves blood pressure and flow: By reviving blood circulation and increasing oxygenation of the blood, laughter may be a powerful ally in the fight against heart disease.
4. It provides a burst of exercise: According to researcher, laughing 100 times is equivalent to 10 minutes on a rowing machine or 15 minutes on the stationary bike.
5. It manages pain: Laughter eases fear and anger, allowing us to deal better with a bad situation. It also increases endorphins, the peptide that offers a feeling of well-being and helps with pain management.
Okay, so we know what you are thinking. What does this have to do with me being in Telluride February 13-16th? For the 15th year in a row, the Historic Sheridan Opera House will be presenting the Telluride Comedy Festival. The 2014 Festival is sure to put you in stiches with comedians such as Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine, The Daily Show, Butter), Amy Heidt (Arrested Development, Upright Citizen;s Brigade), Rob Huebel (The Descendants, I Love You, Man, Reno 911), Nick Kroll (New Girl, Parks & Recreation, Community) and more!
This four-day event is sure to please. So go HERE, buy your tickets, schedule your next doctors appointment for the week after and become a medical miracle! *
*The TTB is not saying that by attending the Telluride Comedy Festival you will be cured of any illnesses, FYI. But it will be AWESOME. Don't miss out!