Whether it’s your first time to the greater Telluride region or you’re a seasoned guest, Telluride and Mountain Village never cease to amaze. To keep up with new options—such as accommodations, dining and featured events—the Telluride Tourism Board offers a variety of ways to access visitor information. From the trip planning process to questions that surface upon arrival in Telluride, our goal is to help you enjoy your stay.
Telluride offers an endless array of outdoor adventures and cultural activities. We invite you to discover the wonders in this amazing destination on your own. If you need a tip for where to eat or directions to a nearby attraction, however, feel free to contact us.
If you can’t find the information you need on this site, please call 888.605.2578 to speak with an information specialist. And check out the virtual Visitor Guide.
With small-town charm, Telluride is known for both friendliness and a laid-back atmosphere. The staff at the Telluride and Mountain Village Visitor Information Centers can help you with general visitor information, as well as lodging and activity reservations. Swing by to grab a map, activity brochures or chat with a information specialist.
In addition to the Visitor Information Centers, we also offer guest service kiosks at key locations throughout the community with friendly, knowledgeable staff who can answer questions and provide additional information, trail maps and more.
The free gondola is the most convenient and scenic way to travel between Telluride and Mountain Village. In-town transportation is also available in both communities.
Transportation within Telluride:
Galloping Goose shuttle buses run every 20 minutes between 7 a.m. and midnight daily. Stops are located every few blocks.
Transportation within Mountain Village:
Free shuttles run throughout Mountain Village every half hour
Dial-A-Ride is available daily to guests in Mountain Village between 7 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. during summer and winter. Call 970.728.8888 for information or visit the town's website.
Parking is available in both Telluride and Mountain Village.
We encourage guests to park and take advantage of the free gondola to travel between the two towns.
Parking Options In Telluride
- Find free daytime parking in the Carhenge Lot, just off West Pacific Avenue at the west end of Telluride, near the base of Lift 7 and at the south end of Mahoney Drive (no overnight parking). View on Map
- Some side streets allow free two-hour parking.
- In Telluride's historic downtown, solar-powered parking meters stand mid-block on main and side streets. One dollar per hour, with a three-hour max. The meters accept credit cards, coins, or parking tokens. Parking limits are enforced (Telluride Marshal's Department, 970.728.3818) 8am-6pm, Monday-Saturday. Parking is free on Sundays and holidays.
Parking Options In Mountain Village
- Parking is available for $7 a day and $25 overnight in the Gondola Parking Garage, payable by debit or credit card.
- Paid parking is also available at the Heritage Parking Garage below Madeline Hotel and Residnces (west of hotel off Mountain Village Boulevard), free for the first hour and $2 per hour thereafter; $35 maximum for each 24-hour period. Payabe by debit or credit card only.
- Parking at the Town Hall Plaza parking lot is free, with a one-hour limit; no overnight parking is allowed.
- There is also free day parking in the Meadows Run Parking Lot, located at the end of Adams Ranch Road. There is no overnight parking without a valid permit.
- Parking at North Village Center Lot is free for the first hour, and $2 every hour thereafter. Payable by debit or credit card only. No overnight parking is allowed.