- Dining & Nightlife
- Winter Activities
- Summer Activities
- Day Trips
- Heritage & Culture
- Wildlife & Photography
Fishing in the greater Telluride region can challenge fly fishing experts and entertain beginning enthusiasts. From the Gold Medal Dolores River to the easily accessible San Miguel River, there is a fishing adventure for everyone.
With some of the finest trout streams in the Rocky Mountains, and a variety of lakes, ponds and alpine creeks, Telluride is an angler’s paradise. To make the most of your fishing outing, we recommend learning the waterways and surrounding terrain with the help of a local guide. With an outfitter, you can also choose a float fishing trip or access private waters.
- A fishing license is required in Colorado and can be purchased at most sporting good shops.
- Most lakes and rivers on Colorado’s Western Slope have a zero to four possession limit depending on species of fish. Ask for the “Colorado Fishing Proclamation” in local sporting good shops for details.
- Protect river corridors. Avoid trampling plants and causing erosion of banks as it affects fish habitat.
- Avoid trespassing. River corridors that cross private property cannot be accessed without permission from the landowner.
- Please learn local regulations, including bait restrictions and catch-and-release sections of the river. To catch and release, buy barbless flies or flatten the barbs on your hooks. Handle fish with wet hands and avoid sunscreen and insect repellent, which can damage the trout’s protective coating.
Fly Fishing Stay & Play Packages starting from $99 per night. Call 888.605.2578 to learn more.
We'd love to get your thoughts and feedback on Fly Fishing. Please Leave a comment and share your thoughts.