Telluride could be named “Best in Show” for its attitude toward canine companions and other pets. Some locals claim that Telluride boasts more dogs than people per capita.
Pets are welcome in many of the accomodations in Telluride and Mountain Village. Typically, at pet-friendly lodging properties, pets are permitted to stay for an additional fee and with advanced notice. Click here to search for pet-friendly accommodations.
Dogs Love Telluride
Telluride is indeed dog friendly . To make your stay (and Fido's) as enjoyable as possible, here are a few quick tips:
- Dogs in Telluride and Mountain Village are required to be on a leash at all times.
- Pets on leashes are allowed in select cabins of the gondola between Telluride and Mountain Village. Look for the sticker that designates a pet-friendly cabin on the window.
- The town’s shuttle bus system, the Galloping Goose, helps tired paws (and feet) by welcoming well-behaved pets on a leash.
- Pick-up bags and trash containers are provided for disposal of pet waste throughout town and along most trails.
- Two-hour puppy parking is available throughout the downtown Telluride.
- Each August, the annual Ridgeway Fur Ball is a grand celebration for dogs and their owners. Benefiting the Second Chance Humane Society, the event features live music, food, and dance.