In the News:
Telluride Tourism Board: This Week's Subaru Freeride Event
Media Contacts: Tom Watkinson
This Week’s Subaru Freeride Event
Event Venue Closures Now in Effect for Preparations and Competition
TELLURIDE, Colorado (Mar. 18, 2014) – Telluride Ski Resort will be the host of a Subaru Freeride Series event from March 20-23, 2014. The Subaru Freeride Series is North America’s premier Freeride World Qualifier (FWQ) series, providing athletes with opportunities to earn FWQ points. The event will feature a 4-star Freeride World Qualifier (FWQ) ski and snowboard competition March 21 & 22, and a 2-star Junior Freeride Tour (JFT) competition for athletes age 12-18 on March 23.
As Telluride hosts this national event, the best quality of snow and terrain are vital for this competition. In order to ensure optimum conditions, Telluride Ski Resort will close off the venue areas to public access for athlete training and the competition. Closures are as follows:
· Wednesday – Review and Jello’s Bowl
· Thursday – Black Iron Bowl, from Westlake to Nice Chute (Palmyra Peak will be open dependent on conditions)
· Friday - Black Iron Bowl, from Westlake to Nice Chute (Palmyra Peak will be open dependent on conditions)
· Saturday - Black Iron Bowl, from Westlake to Nice Chute (Palmyra Peak will be open dependent on conditions)
· Sunday – La Rosa to the top of Westlake (the remainder of Black Iron Bowl to Palmyra Peak will be open dependent on conditions)
To watch the 4-star qualifier action on Friday or Saturday, access will be on the traverse through the gate at the bottom of Genevieve, towards Black Iron Bowl. And to watch the 2-star Junior Freeride Tour on Sunday, traverse from the bottom of Confidence or Crystal to the spectator area at the base of Genevieve. Be sure to come and check out the action, bring lawn chairs, bring a picnic lunch, and sit back for amazing descents on some of Telluride’s most spectacular terrain.
For athlete information visit the Freeride Series page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/FreerideSeriesFWQ), follow the Subaru Freeride Series on Twitter at twitter.com/FreerideSeries, or contact Andrea Logan, MSI athlete relations manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 349-4616.
For media or general information contact Jessica Kunzer, MSI marketing and communications director, at email@example.com or (801) 349-4612.