In the News:
Sheridan Arts Foundation
The Sheridan Opera House was built by the Telluride miners in 1913 as a Vaudeville Theater and cultural center, attracting variety shows, orchestras and touring theater companies. In 1991 the Sheridan Opera House was in jeopardy of commercial development; but was saved from demolition by the Sheridan Arts Foundation and restoration efforts taken on by The Colorado Historical Society. Today this 240 seat intimate theater which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is home to the Sheridan Arts Foundation and has become a non-profit venue benefiting a number of charitable organizations such as the Boys and Girls Club of America.