Festivals & Events:
Telluride Art Walk - June
Downtown Telluride "Late 'til 8 pm"
What is the Telluride Art Walk?
The Telluride Art Walk is a reception to showcase artists working and living in Telluride and those who display their work in participating businesses. It is presented by the Telluride Council for the Arts and Humanities to promote cultural tourism. Participating artists and galleries agree to stay open “late ‘til 8” the first Thursday of every month (except April and May and October and November, our off-seasons). It is presented by the Telluride Council for the Arts and Humanities to promote cultural tourism. Although open all day, many establishments provide refreshments between 4 and 8 pm!
The Telluride Art Walk is Free. Telluride Art Walk Brochures listing participating venues and artists is available to the public at the Stronghouse Studios, 283 S. Fir Street (one block south of Baked in Telluride), at any participating venue, at local hotels and downloadable above.
Art Walk Map & Venues
1) Stronghouse Studios, a working artists' cooperative
2) East Meets West, art & antiques (Now in Mountain Village)
3) Colorado Home, High Style Art and home decor
4) Telluride Gallery of Fine Art, region's oldest established fine art & jewelry gallery
5) Schilling Studio Gallery, art and artifacts
6) Lustre Gallery, an artisan Gallery in Telluride
7) Dolce Gallery, Enchanting Jewelry and Breathtaking Bronzes
8) Ah-Haa Art Gallery, Local artists on display monthly (starting June, 2009)
To cultivate a partnership between Telluride businesses and the art community which promotes established and emerging artists, local commerce, and public access to the arts