The Gold Season: Fall in Telluride
Winter is for skiing and boarding. Summer is for festivals, biking, climbing, hiking, camping...the list goes on and on. What is fall for? A season that traditionally marks the beginning of a wonderful, quite time in Telluride offers a multitude of activities and beautiful scenery for guest that decide to plan their vacation during this time. Here is a quick list of things you can do in Telluride during the post-festival season.
1. Go for a hike! Telluride has an endless list of hikes that allow beautiful views of the area's fall foilage.
2. Go on a bike ride! Telluride's many mountain biking trails make getting around just a bit faster. Go farther to expereience this great season.
3. Fly Fish! It's no secret that the San Juan Mountain area has some of the best fly fishing in the state.
4. Ride the Gondola! The only free transpotation system of its kind in the country, the Gondola connects Mountain Village to Telluride and offers a breathtaking view of both towns.
5. Jeep tours! Take your own vehicle or go with a Jeep tour company and get up high within the mountains to take-in the awe-inspiring fall colors.
And this is only the short list! Most of the activities that can be done during the summer in Telluride can be done during the fall. Check-out the full list of offerings here.
Want to come visit this fall? Check-out the lodging specials that Visit Telluride has to offer!